Tuesday, June 12, 2018

FUN PROJECT VIDEO FROM START TO FINISH BY CHARLOTTE


We’ve had some really beautiful weather here in Southern Finland this week. Bright, sunny and warm – just perfect for being outside. Exactly like in the stamp image I chose to use in my latest video for Sasayaki Glitter!
First I printed my image, which is Mia In The Garden, onto some alcohol marker friendly paper. I then die cut it out using a Lawn Fawn Stitched Oval die before colouring it with my Spectrum Noir Illustrator Markers.
The exact colours I used for the image can be seen in the video above. I started by colouring her skin and hair, then stopped to compare colours on my patterned paper before colouring in the other elements.
The paper I used is from the Crelando Spring and Easter Patterned Paper pack. I picked out the pink and blue-green tones, and used those to colour Mia’s outfit as well as the butterflies.
I didn’t live how the image panel looked against the patterned paper and felt something more was needed. I used my Ranger Emboss It Pen to fill in the area of the oval outside the stitched line, then coated it with Love From Lizi Golden Crown Embossing Powder and heat embossed it. I chose the gold because it picked out the golden elements on my patterned paper.
I then adhered the focal panel to the patterned paper and attached the whole thing to a card base.
I’m really happy with how this card turned out. It’s a very pretty image and fitted beautifully with the patterned paper. I do enjoy trying to match my colouring to patterned papers if I’m using them, because it really helps to pull the card together and give it a cohesiveness.
Love,