Monday, March 26, 2018

PATTERN STAMPING VIDEO BY CHARLOTTE



This month seems to be going so quickly! It’s already time for the third card for my Easter series, which is also my design team card for the Sasayaki Glitter YouTube channel. This is the penultimate card of the series, and the next one will also be featuring a Sasayaki Glitter image, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that next week.
I began by printing the Easter Amy image onto some alcohol marker friendly paper, die cut it with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Oval die then coloured her in using Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Yosoo alcohol markers. You can find full details on the colouring techniques and the colours used in the video.
Having completed my colouring I added a sentiment below the image. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp’s Easter Greetings stamp set and I stamped it with Altenew Jet Black dye ink.
Then I wanted to create a pattern on my card base. I pulled out my Altenew ink swatch sheet and compared the colours to decide which inks to use. I then stamped a random pattern using stamps from Simon Says Stamp’s Crafty Friend stamp set. I used Lavender FieldsCoral BerryOcean Waves and Mountain Mist ink. I then popped my focal panel onto the background with some foam tape.
I do enjoy creating my own pattern stamped backgrounds for my cards. I often go tone-on-tone when I do them, but it was fun to play with colours this time! Whilst the background is not made up of Easter-related images I thought the paint themed stamps worked well with the image given that she is painting the Easter eggs.
Love,