Monday, July 16, 2018

UNICORN COLOURING USING SPECTRUM NOIR VIDEO CHARLOTTE

This post is much later than it should have been due to some technical issues with my video. I think they’re all under control now though! I hope you enjoy this summery coffee themed card.
I started by printing the Frappe Unicorn, which is image #120, onto some alcohol marker friendly paper. I then used my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers to colour the image in. The exact colours used can be seen in the video above.I went with light grey to add shade to the unicorn’s body as I wanted it to appear white. I then used darker greys for the hooves. I coloured the nose pale pink, using the same for the inner ears. The mane and tail I did blue and yellow to match the colours I would be using in the background. Finally I coloured the coffee and whipped cream in brown and cream tones respectively.Having completed colouring my image I carefully fussy cut it out. I then added a healthy coat of shimmer using my Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen.For the background I used a variety of leftover ink smooshed pieces. I’d created them whilst working on other projects. I had been doing some ink blending, and rather than wasting the ink left on my craft mat each time I instead spritzed them with water, and used them to make the smooshed background.The largest smooshed panel, which I used for my background, is made.with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide. The long panel is Mermaid Lagoon, and is an offcut of a larger panel that I used for a recent card. Finally the third piece is with Worn Lipstick.I edged my two strips with clear iridescent glitter peel offs, to add some more sparkle and shine to the card. I then used double sided tape to adhere each panel to my card, before attaching the unicorn using my tape runner.I used a sentiment from Love From Lizi’s ___ stamp set, which I stamped with Mermaid Lagoon onto my blue panel. Finally I added sprinkles to the coffee using Nuvo Jewel Drops in Limoncello and Seabreeze. I also used the Seabreeze to add interest to the unicorn’s glasses.This card manages to be fun without being too over the top. It was great to find a way to use up the smooshed backgrounds and I like that I was able to match the colours on my unicorn to the background pieces without any trouble. The sprinkles on the coffee would have worked better if they weren’t translucent, but they were the only drops I had in suitable colours, so I felt it was good enough.