Tuesday, May 8, 2018

BIRTHDAY CARD FROM START TO FINISH BY CHARLOTTE

Between being ill, being out of the country, and some technical difficulties I haven’t uploaded a video in a little while. Today I finally have a video to share, which is one I made for Sasayaki Glitter Digi Stamps. I also have a bit of a back log of videos to finish up and get shared with you, so look for those coming later this week!
I started the card by printing the Gift Amy image onto some alcohol marker friendly paper. As I mention in the video, the paper I used this time was a different one than my preferred paper, and I had trouble with it bleeding. I won’t be using it for colouring in future! I used my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers to colour in the image, and the colours I used are shown in the video.
Once I had finished the colouring I carefully fussy cut out the image. It was fairly straight forward to cut. I did my fussy cutting right up to the lines, not leaving any white border. For the area between Amy’s legs I used my craft knife.
Setting the image aside I moved on to my background. I stamped the Uniko Background Blocks Party Confetti stamp directly onto my card base using AltenewMountain MistVolcano Lake and Lagoon Dye Inks (which all come in the Northern Lights ink set). I went for an ombre look with the centre darkest, though most of it ends up hidden behind the image.
I decided to add score lines all around the confetti panel to help it stand out from the background more, then added a birthday sentiment from the Creative Expressions John Lockwood Lily of the Valley stamp set, which I stamped with Lagoon ink.
I’m really pleased with this card. The background works wonderfully with the image. I’d intentionally chosen the Altenew inks to coordinate with the colour of her dress. Colouring was a bit of a challenge with the paper I used but I managed in the end!
Love,