Monday, February 12, 2018

YOUTUBE VIDEO USING LOVE MICE BY CHARLOTTE

Time for another Sasayaki Glitter video! I wasn’t able to share any last month as we had some technical difficulties going on. I think they are all under control now, and I’m planning to do an extra video this month to make up for it!

I started out this card by printing the adorable Love Mice image onto some alcohol marker friendly paper, then cutting it with a Sizzix heart die. I had measured the image against the heart before printing so that I could be certain it would fit within the die I wanted to use.
I then began colouring the image. I mostly used  Yosoo alcohol markers but did also bring in some Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. I went with my lightest grey Yosoo markers to colour the mice, shading them is if the light source is on the right hand side. I bought in a touch of pink SN marker for their inner ears.
The heart of course had to be red. I only have two red markers and those are both Yosoo markers. In order to increase the depth of colour on my heart I used a brown SN marker for my deepest colour. The brown I picked has a reddish tone to it, and blended well with the other two colours. I left the highlight area white, though I could also have coloured over it and just gone back in with a white gel pen later to add the highlight back in.
Having completed the colouring I worked on putting the card together. I chose a bright pink card base and topped it with a large snippet of heart patterned paper that’s been in my stash for a while. I then played around with a few idea for how to add the focal panel, but eventually decided to create a heart from pink mirror card and adhere that offset from the focal image. I chose to forgo a sentiment on the card.
This little love mice image is so sweet and was definitely fun to play with. I’m really pleased with my colouring on it, and I think the brown worked nicely as the shadow colour for my red. It really helped give the heart some good dimension. I do like the layout too, even if it took me a little while to get to it. I’d originally been thinking maybe I’d layer the two hearts together so the mirror one would be a mat for the image one, but I think this way works really nicely.
Love,